FCAWA’s ‘Lighten the Load’ Conference was held in November 2022 at the picturesque Aloft Hotel. The theme acknowledged that people working with vulnerable clients lighten their load through support and advocacy, but also highlighted the need to support and look out for one another. The event was a reminder to engage in self-care through focusing on our health, looking after our heart and injecting some humour into our daily lives. It’s important to reach out when we need others and to put in healthy practices to keep ourselves mentally well.
The conference was all about supporting one another and having some fun, through interactive, inspiring and universally meaningful moments.
The 3 Day Agenda can be viewed here.
We have included copies of presentations here for your reference and a snapshot of our time together in the gallery below:
- Premier’s Opening Address
- Suicide Aware Presentation
- Financial Wellbeing in the East Kimberley
- Happiness Co.
- Guardianship & Administration Orders
- When Can a Financial Services Lawyer Assist?
- RRR Session – Aboriginal Consumers Count (and notes)
- Gary Newcombe – Consumer Protection
- Trish Blake – Consumer Protection
- Law Reform
- Self Care & Wellbeing
- Banking Round Table
- Rural West
- Abuse Law
- Understanding the needs of Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Financial Wellbeing Report
- AFCA Update